Saturday, 29 December 2012

The Best Of 2012

So here we are at the end of another year already, here is my list of the things that have rocked my world and kept me sane in 2012.



Game Of Thrones
I'm so in love with this series and can't quite believe that a fantasy show managed to get the funding to pull it off in such style. Superb complex plot and brilliant characters absolutely love it! Can't wait for the next season in 2012.






The Boys
I'm still actually waiting to read the last part of this superb series of 12 graphic novels, I bought the last part for hubby for Christmas and need to wait for him to finish it before I can steal it. Dark, superhero led plot that is somewhere along the lines of the Watchmen. Fast paced, great characters and keeps you guessing. I've heard rumours of a film...they better not mess this one up!






Tesseract 
My favourite new band this year, darkly delicious prog metal.... absolute musical chocolate! Also got to meet them after a gig and they were nice blokes too.





Loki

The Avengers 
Hard not to love this film but didn't expect to love the bad guy so much lol!!





Misfits 
This is such a funny series and a very British take on the superhero genre. I was a bit sceptical when they killed off my favourite character last season and replaced him with Rudy, but it's still as good as ever!







Devin Townsend Epicloud

Another amazing album from Devin! I love the over the top epic sound and positive vibe on this album, needs to be played at top volume for best effect tho!