Saturday, 29 December 2012

The Hobbit - Film Review

Finally got to watch the Hobbit in 3D last night! It was much better than I expected although I didn't really notice anything really impressive in the visuals after hearing so much about different frame rates and new film technology, I couldn't really tell any major difference. The CGI is incredible though and Gollum and the Goblin King are the best I've seen in that you really can't "tell" that they are totally computer generated. Although I did see the trailer on a Samsung smart TV in a shop and it looked incredible so I was a little disappointed that it didn't seem to make a difference on the big screen.  Loved how it referenced the Lord Of The Rings films and had the same cast, I had this nostalgic feeling watching it. Lots of detail in there that I expect I didn't spot so I'd love to watch it again soon.










Seriously though, I am gutted I didn't get given a pair of these bad boys to watch 3D in dwarven style!