Friday, 2 August 2013

My new transport!


 So after much deliberation and admiration of the Copenhagen Cycle chic blog, I decided to bite the bullet and become a bike commuter. I really really wanted a Bobbin Bike, they are just so pretty! But alas I decided it would probably be better to compromise and get a hybrid bike meant for commuters, I opted for a Claude Butler Legend, 21 gears and came with full mudguards and a luggage rack. Although it's not a "pretty" bike it is still quite a sit up and beg style and it's got racing bike size wheels. which compared to my old bike feels really high off the ground! I've got to commit to at least 6 months full time bike commuting to pay back the cost of the bike (saving on bus costs) and then I should be saving money! Also hoping it will help shed a few layers of chub on the way  lol!


Also picked up this brilliant Bolzan pannier bag from Cycle Chic, to carry all my uni/work stuff. This has made all the difference, it just clips on to the rack and is roomy enough to carry all the vast amounts of crap I seem to need to drag around with me. Was a bit on the pricey side but it really does make a massive difference compared to getting all sweaty wearing a rucksack. This pic is taken at the train station, I was surprised that it was actually pretty cool taking a bike on the train into Birmingham city centre and not as stressful as I though it was going to be. 



I'm thinking I will try and "pretty" it up a bit dutch bike style. Maybe get a basket and some cute accessories. Best start saving some actual costs of travelling first tho!